If you’re contemplating getting a well drilled somewhere on your property, there are many things that you’re probably thinking about leading up to the project. From finding the right well drilling company in Missoula, MT to lining up regular testing of your well water, you probably have a lot on your mind.
One aspect of the well drilling process that you will need to address is precisely where your well is going to be located. The location of a well has significant bearing on both the quantity and quality of your water, which is why it’s so important to thoroughly consider where your well should be placed. Here are steps to help you find the right location for your new well:
- Consider possible sources of contamination: The last thing you want is for your well to be anywhere near any potentially contaminating substances. Any septic tanks, livestock barns or stockyards, chemical tanks, fertilizer storage and effluent pools should be located far away from your well.
- Research local rules and regulations: Once you’ve made a list of potential sources of contamination, find out how far away you must place your well. You can get this information by calling your local county health office, or you can find their regulations online.
- Map out areas that are appropriate for well digging: After you’ve ruled out areas that are in close proximity to contamination sources, list all of the areas that are potential sites for your well. When it comes to proximity to potential contamination, the further away, the better, so focus on areas that are as far away as possible from contaminants.
- Find the highest ground available: once you have a list of areas that could be used as the site of your water well installation in Missoula, MT, find out which areas offer the highest ground. Wells that are established in areas of higher ground are less likely to be contaminated by hazardous runoff.
- Be well informed: Understanding how wells work, as well as being acquainted with your local water table, is helpful when you begin the well drilling process. You can ask around to neighbors to get more information about their experience with well drilling to get a better idea of what you can expect.
- Find the right well drilling company: As with any major development project, it’s always best to start with a contractor who you can trust to get the job done right. Find a well drilling company in Missoula, MT that has established itself in the community and that has a reputation for providing exceptional service.
When you’re ready to have your well drilled, make sure you choose to work with a team of professionals who you can trust to do a great job. At Camp Well Drilling and Pump Service, we have a track record of excellence over half a century in the making. Contact us today and find out why so many people have chosen to work with us for water well drilling in Missoula, MT!