Anyone who has a well currently or is planning on drilling one in the future knows how important it is to have a consistent and reliable source of water from their well. If one aspect of the well isn’t working as it should be, it can alter the quality of your water and potentially pose a health and safety hazard to you and your family. It is important to have your well installed and maintained with the help of a professional contractor who specializes in water well drilling in Missoula, MT. They will be able to help ensure that your well is functioning the way it should be to avoid any problems with the quality of your water.
Let’s take a closer look at the basics of water well drilling:
- The first step in drilling a well is establishing an area for your well to be placed. This placement is important, since it will determine the quality of water that you will have access to, as well as the degree of difficulty associated with drilling your well.
- Once you have determined where your well will go, the drilling process begins and a hole is bored into the ground with the use of drilling equipment.
- After the hole has been established, a casing will be placed to prevent contamination. Inside this casing, a pumping mechanism and a pipe are placed that bring ground water up to the surface.
- Your specific geographical area will determine how the intake portion of your well is designed and established. Depending on the landscape and topography of your area, the intake could be screened and packed with gravel, or it could simply be an open hole in the bedrock.
- During water well drilling in Missoula, MT, a well cap and an air vent will be installed. The purpose of the air vent is to normalize the pressure within the well and release gases from the ground.
- At some point during the installation of your water well, your water will be pumped to check for quantity as well as quality.
After your well has been established, consistent maintenance, testing and upkeep should be a high priority. As a well owner, you can keep your well in good condition by keeping any potentially hazardous chemicals or materials away in order to prevent dangerous water contamination. It’s also important to keep the area surrounding your well free from any leaves, lawn clippings and other debris that can lead to drainage problems. Checking on the condition of your well cap should also be a part of your regular well maintenance. Your cap should be in good condition so that it is able to perform its necessary function for your well.
At Camp Well Drilling and Pump Service, we are experts in all things water wells, so you don’t have to be! Our team of phenomenal water well contractors and trained pump technicians are able to take on projects of all scales and sizes. No matter what your specific needs may be, we would be more than happy to work with you. Just give us a call today to get an estimate for well drilling in Missoula, MT!